The Last Six Months Developments as a Summary Hot List
April 1, 2014 – June 30, 2014 Here is my latest summary list of the items from the last three months on the http://panspermia.org website that we recommend you check out :
- Convergent evolution is the separate evolution of the same systems or features in unrelated species.
- ready-made tools for genome manipulation is a general route of evolution of adaptive immunity.
- NASA’s Christopher P. McKay paper on extraterrestial life
- Letter to Wall Street Journal on Hypotheses and Karl PopperWSJ quote from Turelli et al.
- …I have found the remains of lifeforms that are …extraterrestrial.
- The Origin of Eukaryotes
- …Methanogens could potentially inhabit the subsurface of Mars.
- Bacteria can survive long exposure to the cold, vacuum and radiation of space
- findings implicate viruses… as a reservoir of genetic diversity
- Where Do New Genes Come From? asks Carl Zimmer
- Lunar samples …contain complex organics
- Brilliant Blunders by Mario Livio
- James Lovelock’s A Rough Ride to the Future
- Barsotti Cartoon
- A sea under the South pole of Enceladus
Professor Brig Klyce